Camilla Patricia Reuter
Camilla Reuter is a visual artist (b. 1991, Tampere, Finland) who lives and works in Reykjavík, Iceland. Her main medium is oil painting on canvas. Camilla is currently in the first year of the MFA program at the Iceland University of Arts, from where she received her BA in Fine Art in 2017. Camilla's work often deals with subjects of selfhood, subjectivity and the body as a site of self-knowledge and reflection. In her portraits she contemplates the intimate relationship between the painter and the subject, as seen through the lens of her own disposition.
List of Exhibitions
- Endurkast. Solo exhibition Spöngin exhibition space. March 2022.
- Likami. HÚSIÐ creative space. Patreksfjörður, Iceland. September 2018.
- Twelve Months. at the IUA gallery Kúbburinn. November 2016.
- Euthymia. Co-exhibition with Valgerður Ýr Walderhaug. Gallery SÍM. Reykjavík, Iceland. December 2022.
- Everybody needs to be slightly unhappy. MFA students fall semester exhibition. Gallery Kubburinn, LHÍ. Reykjavik, Iceland. December 2022.
- Teikn/ Gestures. IUA graduation exhibition. Reykjavík Art Museum. May 2017. Iceland.
- Koma. 3rd year IUA students' group show. Skaftfell Center for Visual Art. Seyðisfjörður, February 2017. Iceland.
- Teiknistofan Óðinstorg. 2017 - ongoing. Reykjavík, Iceland.
- Kynleikar II. Tjarnarbío. Reykjavik, Iceland. 2015
- Kynleikar. Gallery Ekkisens. Reykjavik, Iceland. 2015
- 100 ára Afmæli Kosningarettur Kvenna / Celebrating the 100th year anniversary of Women's Woting Rights. Reykjavík City Hall. Iceland. 2015.
- ÓS pressan. Journal for Multilingual Writing and the Arts in Iceland. Journal nr. 6. 2022.
-Takahuhdin taidekeskus. Tampere, Finland. June 2022.
- Skaftfell Center for Visual Arts. IUA 3rd year students. February 2017.